Terms & Conditions
Jim’s Group Monopoly Giveaway
Jim’s Group Monopoly Giveaway
Jim’s Group ACN 101 925 268
Game of Skill
Promotion commences on 04/11/2020 and final entries close at 5 PM 20/11/20
Promotion is only open to Australian residents aged 12 years or over.
Employees (and their Immediate Families) of the Promoter, associated withthis promotion are ineligible to enter. “Employees” means any directors,management, employees, concessionaires, consultants, officers andcontractors or other such people who perform work under the control ofanother in exchange for payment. “Immediate Family(ies)” means any of thefollowing: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or stepchild, parent,step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew,brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin and the personsreferred to above includes natural and non-natural relations (in theopinion of the Promoter). The Promoter is responsible for determiningwhether a person is an eligible entrant in its absolute discretion. ThePromoter may require entrants to provide reasonable proof that they meetthe requirements for entry in the Promotion.
How to Enter
To be eligible to enter, individuals must in 25 words or less tell us whoyou want to play Jim’s Group Monopoly with and why. To do this, a personmust ensure they take the following steps during the promotion period:
- Input in 25 words or less into the competition entry box on who theywant to play Jim’s Group monopoly with and why.
- Provide their full name, state, valid email address and valid numberthen submit their entry.
Incomplete, indecipherable, inaudible or illegible entries will be deemedinvalid. 5. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, thePromoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine theidentity of the entrant.
Each entry will be individually judged based on the creativity of theiranswer. Judging of entries will be undertaken by a panel of judgesappointed by the Promoter. Judging will commence at 12PM on 21/11/2020 atthe offices of the Promoter.
The prize is a signed by Jim Penman (Founder of Jim’s Group) Jim’s Groupmonopoly board game. There is a total of 6 games to be one between, NSW,VIC, SAT, WA, QLD, TAS/ACT.
There is no entry limit and someone can enter multiple times.
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter the “Jim’s Group Monopoly Giveaway”promotion and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participationin this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter can rely on these Terms andConditions even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibilityafter the Promoter has awarded a prize to the ineligible person. Return ofthe prize or payment of its equivalent value to the Promoter may berequired by the Promoter if this occurs.
3. Each entrant is responsible for ensuring his or her familiarity withthese Terms and Conditions at the time of participation. The Promoter’sdecision not to enforce a specific restriction (whether communicated to anentrant or not) does not constitute a waiver of that restriction or ofthese Terms and Conditions generally.
4. Incomplete and indecipherable entries and any entry which hasincorrectly entered personal information or contact details shall be deemedan invalid entry. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late,lost, misdirected, ineligible or illegible/inaudible entries (includinglost, stolen, forged, defaced or damaged proof of entry or things requiredby the Verification Requirements).
5. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these Term andConditions and the Promotion is final and binding on every person whoenters. No correspondence will be entered into.
6. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, declare any or all entriesmade by an entrant invalid, and/or prohibit further participation by anentrant in this Promotion or a prize event/activity if the entrant: a.disrupts, annoys, abuses, threatens, harasses or attempts to do any ofthese things to the Promoter, another entrant or potential entrant of, oranyone else associated with, this Promotion; b. submits an entry that isnot in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with theentry process; or c. engages in conduct in relation to this Promotion whichis misleading, deceptive, fraudulent or damaging to the Promoter’s goodwillor reputation.
7. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable ofbeing conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond thereasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in itssole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to modify, suspend,terminate or cancel the “Jim’s Group Monopoly Giveaway” promotion, asappropriate.
8. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves theright to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is theentrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’ssatisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
9. An entrant’s entry must not include: a. any image or voice of any otherperson without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if anysuch content is included, they have obtained the express consent of therelevant person; b. any content that contravenes any law, infringes therights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory,discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (whichincludes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice,excessive violence or swearing); and c. any literary, dramatic, musical orartistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item inwhich copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If anentrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include anycontent (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. Byincluding any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that theyhave the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that thispermission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with theseTerms & Conditions.
10. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete,remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry.
11. Entries must be received by the Promoter and will be deemed to havebeen received at the time of receipt by the Promoter. Online and otherelectronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receiptinto the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by theentrant.
12. Each entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved inentering this Promotion or taking or participating in the prize(s). Anyentrant, prize winner and/or participants in a Promotion event may berequired to sign an acknowledgement of risk and waiver of liability forparticipation in the Promotion or a Prize event and to expresslyacknowledge that entry into this Promotion or participation in a Promotionevent or Prize may be inherently dangerous, and that if they choose toparticipate they will do so at their own risk. A reasonable level of healthand fitness may be required. The Promoter reserves the right to precludeparticipation of anyone refusing to sign the acknowledgement/waiver or anyperson who is suffering from asthma, epilepsy, significant back or neckproblems, physical or mental disabilities, or is pregnant or in thePromoter’s sole discretion is not able or suitable to participate in any ofthe experiences for reasons of the participant’s own or anyone else’ssafety.
13. Any costs associated with accessing the Promotion website are theentrant’s responsibility and are dependent on the internet service providerused. Entrants must submit their entries and/or claims manually using aninternet browser.
14. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technicalmalfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems,communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems ortraffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combinationthereof, including any error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion,theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure orotherwise, injury or damage to entries or to participants’ or any otherperson’s computer related to or resulting from participation in ordown-loading any materials in this Promotion. If the Promotion is notcapable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’scontrol, including due to any technical or communications problems, thePromoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the competitionsubject to approval from any relevant authority.
15. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does notconstitute a waiver of those rights. If there is a dispute as to theidentity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its solediscretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
16. As a condition of claiming a prize, the Participant may be required to(at the Promoter’s discretion) sign any legal documentation as and in theform required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolutediscretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnityform.
17. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this competition usingFacebook and/or Instagram or another social media platform. However, thecompetition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, orassociated with, Facebook or Instagram or any other social media platform.Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not toFacebook or Instagram. Each entrant completely releases Facebook andInstagram from any and all liability in connection with this Promotion.
18. The prize(s) and/or parts of the prize(s) is/are not transferable orexchangeable and cannot be taken as cash (unless the prize is cash). If aprize, or an element of a prize, is unavailable for any reason, thePromoter reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greatervalue for that prize, or element of it, subject to the approval of anyrelevant authority. The Promoter and its representatives will not be liablefor any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
19. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical orelectronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter thePromotion repeatedly is prohibited and will render entries submitted usingsuch means as invalid.
20. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter(including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability(including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage(including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special orconsequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but notlimited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technicaldifficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’scontrol); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;(c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged ormisdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to anyreason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation inprize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any taxliability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
21. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not beliable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special orconsequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury,illness or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arisingfrom any person’s negligence) in connection with this competition oraccepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot beexcluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimumallowable by law). Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes ormodifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumerrights under any applicable law including [Competition and Consumer Act2010 (Cth)
22. Entrants irrevocably consent and assign to the Promoter allintellectual property including copyright in the images submitted by themduring this competition. Entrants also irrevocably consent to the Promoterusing their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are awinner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in anymedia for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose ofpromoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting anyproducts manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct thePromotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to thirdparties required for the provision of the Prize. Entry is conditional onproviding this information. The Promoter may disclose the information forthose purposes to its related bodies corporate and contractors. If entrantsdo not provide the information requested they will not be able to enter thePromotion.
24. In addition to the privacy term set out above, if the entrant hasticked the “opt-in” box, the Promoter may also use personal informationentrants provide to send information about the Promoters products andservices (including via electronic means), and may disclose the informationto its related bodies corporate, agencies and contractors (including callcentres, advertising agencies and direct mail houses) the Promoter engagesfor that purpose.
25. CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operationof this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and shouldsuch an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reservesthe right to refer the matter to law enforcement authorities and/or to seekdamages or such other civil remedies as the Promoter may determine fromtime to time to the fullest extent permitted by law.
26. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained inthe Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
To request access to, or to update, personal information the Promoter holdsabout them, entrants can contact the office of the Promoter.
We have regional franchisor opportunities and some pre-loved franchises available Australia-wide.
Select from the drop-down box what division you are interested, and one of our team will call you to discuss the options available for you.